BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION FOR THE PROJECT MANAGER
- PMI® professional credentials are widely recognized and accepted by organizations around the world as evidence of a level of knowledge and experience in project management.
- The PMP® credential is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct projects.
- This recognition is seen through increased marketability to employers and higher salary; according to the PMI® Project Management Salary Survey–Seventh Edition, certification positively impacts project manager salaries. Current survey estimates are 15-20% more.
- The PMI® certification program supports professional growth and advancement while building greater project management knowledge and skills.
- The PMP® certification reflects best practices in the discipline of project management, not any one standard or industry. This provides better transferability between organizations and industries. Credential holders can have confidence that the PMP® credential provides a baseline recognized in a variety of organizations, industries, and methodological approaches.
- Since PMI® maintains such rigorous practices to keep its certification program relevant and validated, you never have to worry about a PMI certification becoming obsolete.
Invaluable! The simulator was the exact feel of the actual PMP exam! Luckily, the simulator's questions were harder! Most importantly, after every practice test, I was able to easily review...Read more
Having a coach was Invaluable! I have tried to study for certifications on my own and it resulted in failure and complete waste of time and energy. The Frank as my coach provided a high level of...Read more
Upon several discussions, Frank challenged me to gain confidence in myself! Even though I am engineer and successful consultant, I stagnated my certification advancement because of secretly...Read more
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION FOR THE ORGANIZATIONS
- The PMP® program is the first professional certification program in the world to attain International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2000 recognition, a globally recognized mark of a quality management systems.
- PMI® has provided project management certifications for almost 30 years, and the PMP® credential was the first one designed specifically for project managers.
- PMI® provides independent certification of project managers as part of its role in setting industry standards for the profession.
- The aim of the PMP® Certification exam and its attendant requirements is to provide consumers of these services with some assurance that the person or people delivering the project management service meet independently verified standards of practice.
- PMI®’s certification program is designed to ensure that all certification holders have demonstrated their competence through fair and valid measures. One of the ways in which this is implemented is through a scenario-based multiple-choice examination format, which is a highly reliable way to assess project management competence.
- PMI® uses highly reputable testing organizations to obtain third-party validation of the PMP® program. Unlike interviews and essays, which are not reliable and can be influenced by many factors other than the test taker’s professional background, PMI®’s program reflects a methodology used by most world-class licensing organizations, such as nursing, architecture and engineering.
- PMI® goes beyond testing to assess PMP® certification candidates by using the 5E’s of project management competence:
- Education for Eligibility. A minimum number of contact hours in education are required.
- Experience. A minimum number of hours that are aligned with specific project management tasks are required.
- Examination. A scenario-based multiple-choice examination format is used and provides a highly reliable way to assess project management competence.
- Ethics. All candidates and certification holders must adhere to the PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- Education for Certification Maintenance. PMI®’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program also reflects these best practices. The CCR program ensures that certified practitioners maintain and continue to develop their competence in project management, unlike other certification programs that are lifetime achievements.
We are the world's most creative certification training provider!
OUR GLOBAL PARTNERS